Product Description & Reviews
INTUITIVE INTERFACE: The Forté-BG allows you to dose by weight or time. Our signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus .2 gram. The touch activation awakens your screen with LED backlit technology. The touch screen controls all operations with three programmable dose presets; Up or Down arrows to increase or decrease dose values; and TARE, MANUAL, START or STOP.
BURRS: The Forté-BG grinder comes with 54 mm steel burrs that produce an accurate and consistent grind for a variety of manual and small batch brews. Our steel burrs were specifically designed to reduce the fines, enhancing flavor in the cup. The broad range of grind (500 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Forté-BG burrs.
ADUSTMENT/GRIND RANGE: An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps, plus the new metal detents, enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
HOPPER: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean "waste" (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off (all weights are bean density dependent). A hopper extension is available that can add an additional 250g of capacity.
RE-CALIBRATING BURRS: The Forté-BG is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Forté-BG burrs can be easily re-calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
Features & Highlights
- The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual or batch brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr and a grounds bin.
- A compact, weight-based, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for brew methods requiring a medium to coarse grind. The Forté-BG incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment.
- This grinder is durable workhorse using a 54mm flat steel burr, which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from Press Pot to Drip.
- The Forté-BG design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor, increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- Speed to Grind: Aero press 1.2 g/sec, Press 2.4 g/sec; Burrs: 54 mm steel burrs by Ditting; Bean Hopper Capacity: 10 oz (300-400 g), depending on size and density of bean; Grounds Bin Capacity: 4.5 oz. (120 g); Weight: 13 lbs. (6 kg); Dimensions WxHxD cm: 13x36x18 cm; Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz.2.3 Amp; Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1.2 Amp; Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK; Designed & Engineered: Seattle WA.
|Item Size:||7.09 x 14.17 x 14.17 inches|
|Package Weight:||12.35 pounds|
|Package Size:||13.1 x 7.5 x 7.5 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.